Here are some tips if it’s your first time coming to a class at yogaview.
Come a few minutes early to settle in. Have an empty stomach and bare feet. Wear comfortable clothing (tights or shorts) so that the action of the legs is visible. For hygienic reasons, you are encouraged to bring your own yoga mat but mats are also available.
Please drink water before and after class:
- Do not bring water into class.
- Also remember to turn off your cell phone and refrain from wearing scented body products.
Some more guidelines for etiquette in the classroom:
- The studio opens 20 minutes before the start of class.
- If you are ill, please stay home.
- Abstain from eating in the 3 to 4 hours prior to class.
- Let Deborah know before class if you are menstruating as some poses are not suitable during this time.
- Store purses, bags and valuables in the lobby outside the studio.
- Wear comfortable clothing; shorts or tights and t-shirt tucked in.
- Baggy pants are not suitable.
- If you have long hair, we suggest that you tie it back.
- No moisturizers on your hands or feet prior to class.
- Keep social talking to a minimum in the studio
- Give your full, undivided attention to demonstrations so you will be prepared when you return to your mat.
- If you are very uncomfortable while in a pose, ask for help from Deborah or an assistant immediately instead of waiting until after class.
- Please return your yoga props neatly and in their proper place.
Following these guidelines ensure you, the instructor, and the rest of the class will have the best experience possible while practicing Iyengar Yoga.